Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog Post #11


Kathy Cassidy is a 1st grade teacher who uses technology in her class regularly. She thinks that technology is important to teach with this generation and teachers should be technology literate. Her students have their own blog and they make a class video on different subjects. Cassidy likes for her students to have blogs because parents can look at their children's work whenever they like. Also, when students have blogs the whole world is their audience. 

Cassidy thinks that teachers should start with what they are interested in. Since I am concentrating in  Secondary History, I think I would use blogs for my students. Students would be able to communicate with other students around the world and can relate it to some of the material in the textbook. Since I will be working with older children protecting them is important. I'm sure that the students will try to get on other websites. I will provide all the links on the classroom blog so the students will not have to search for any other sources.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dominique!
    I am a Secondary Education major as well (concentrating in English). I like that you explained how you can incorporate blogging into your future classroom. I think that using blogs with students in these grade levels is a great way for them to turn in assignments and connect with other people.
    I only found one grammatical error in your post.
    You wrote, "Her students have their own blog and they make a class video on different subjects."
    A comma should be added after "and" in your sentence.
    Great post & thanks for sharing!
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Since I will be working with older children protecting them is important. I'm sure that the students will try to get on other websites." iCurion is a great resource to use when asking students to use a search engine.

    ReplyDelete