Sunday, October 13, 2013

C4T


       Michael Gorman was my teacher for this month. He has partners with various educational, government, and business organizations and foundations. He has won awards for District Teacher of the Year, Indiana STEM Educator of the Year, and many more. He supports 21st century educational learning and technology. He has done over hundred of workshops around the country.

Post #1


 In his first post, he talks about PBL and STEM. These two programs are very similar. He states that PBL is when students learn by inquiring using technology, math, science, and other resources. STEM stands for Science Technology Engineering, and Mathematics. He uses an example of STEM by citing a website that is has a national competition called Future City. These groups of students use math and science skills to design a city by using the Sims video game. Math and engineering skills are used in this project. He goes on to say, "it is clear that PBL is natural, essential, and practical connection."



Response:
  Hi Michael. My name is Dominique Jones. I am a student at the University of South Alabama EDM310. I really enjoyed your post. One of our assignments recently was to post a presentation about PBL. We have not discussed STEM yet, but it seems interesting and I would like to look more into it. I also like the idea about students being able to build their own cities. They will be engaged and learning at the same time. Here is my blog if you would like to check it out!



Post  #2
Micheal's second blog post. He talks about how teacher using online discussions. He gives 10 ideas on how to implement discussions boards into the classroom. In his ideas he explains  creating a rubric, the proper grammar students should use online, and incorporating media into the discussion, and many more suggestions.



Response:

 Hi Michael. I am taking a blended course this semester at the University of South Alabama. This is my first time that I have had to write discussions online. Even though I am not a teacher yet, I think this post is good for students also. No one has ever explained to me some of the things you have stated in your post. Such as posting videos or pictures into my discussion or the proper way to critique my classmates. Very helpful post. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment